The Indian NCD Network is a non-profit organization that exists solely to assist and support research activities on NCD in India. It was formally inaugurated by Dr. Gojka Roglic, Technical Officer, Department of Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion, World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, Switzerland on March 9, 2006.
GOALS OF INN
MISSION OF INN
- To motivate young researchers to undertake NCD research and research careers .
- To formulate cost effective methods to identify subjects at high risk for NCDs.
- To create awareness of the spreading NCD epidemic among the general public.
- To formulate locally relevant methods to combat NCDs.
- To formulate prevention strategies at the national level, coordinating with Indian Council of Medical Research, the World Health Organization and other agencies.
To identify cost effective methods for detecting subjects at high risk for NCDs and to implement appropriate preventive measure to reduce the burden of NCDs in india.
VISION OF INN
To implement the goals by involving researchers / public health workers / epidemiologists in collaborative studies on prevention, control and health care delivery of NCDs in India.