For the first two years INN will focus on the first two goals of motivating young researchers for conducting research studies and identifying tools for determining high-risk individuals for NCD. The following projects were identified for the first two years.
- To validate Indian Diabetes Risk Score [IDRS] for detecting high-risk individuals for diabetes and determine the thresholds to define obesity in children.
- To study the prevalence of obesity / abdominal obesity in children / adolescents.
- To determine the health burden due to diabetic retinopathy, nephropathy and neuropathy in India.
- The focus will be on Coronary artery disease (CAD) and cost effective tools for identifying high-risk groups for CAD.
- Identifying the modifiable risk factors of CAD at the national level